MSSP ACO – BHS
BHS Accountable Care, LLC
215 E. Quincy, Suite 312
San Antonio, TX 78215
ACO Primary Contact:
1. ACO Participants:
- Advanced Dermatology, Inc.
- Affiliated Podiatrists Pc
- Alan Albert
- Andres S Enriquez Md Pa
- Arturo Hernandez MD PA
- Bhs Physicians Network Inc
- Borderland Medica PA
- Bruce Karlin MD
- Carlos A Lozano Md Pa
- Carol A Barrette, MD PC
- Carol N. Abalihi, Md, Pa
Cedar Hills Family Practice PA
- Centro San Vicente
- Chinwe Nduka, Md, Family Practice,Pa
- Cristo A. Calle MD, PA
- Cypress Physicians Association
- David A Ramos Md Pa
- Dennis J. Arinella, M.D.,P.C.
- Dr Ajai J Agarwal Md Pa
- Dr. Brajesh Bhatla, MD PA
- Dr. Leo K Edwards, Jr
- Ear, Nose & Throat Associates of Worcester, Inc.
- El Paso Wellness & Healthcare Center PA
- Gary Wolf
- GI Liver Group PC
- Grabias Medical Group P.C.
- Greater Dallas Healthcare Enterprises
- Grove Medical Associates, P.C.
- Irina A. Minina MD PLLC
- Jaime L Silva M.D.,Pa.
- James Pease, M.D.
- Janice Hitzhusen
- Jeffrey Levine
- Jibrail Kasperkhan, MD, PLLC
- John Patterson, Md, Pa
- Jose J Silva MD PA
- Joseph M. Williams, M.D.,P.C.
- Juana Maria Espejo Md Pa
- Kellum Physician Partners
- Kevin P. Comfort MD
- Kingsway Medical Center, Pllc
- Lan-Anh Ngo, M.D., P.A.
- Le & Chang Family Urgent Care Pc
- Luis H. Robles MD PA
- Lytle Family Practice
- M &M North, LLP
- Mansoora A. Sheikh, MD, P.A.
- Marcos Reis
- Marcos Reis MD
- Maria Elena Gonzalez-Sozer MD
- Mary E. Scannell, MD PC
- Medland Associates
- Medwin Family Medicine & Rehabilitation Pc
- Mercy Clinics MD PA
- Michael H. Annabi MD
- Moazam Pa
- Muneer E. Assi DO PA
- N. H. Shannon MD PA
- New England Gastroenterology Associates, Pc
- North Hills Family Medicine
- North San Antonio Healthcare Associates
- Partners in Internal Medicine, PC
- Partners in Primary Care
- Paul A Cournoyer, DPM PC
- Perry Wolfe
- Premiere Care LLC
- Primary Physician Partners
- Project Vida Health Center
- Raymond Zhou, M.D., P.C.
- Regent Cross Medical Clinic Pllc
- Retina Consultants of Worcester, P.C.
- Rhonda Fleming, MD PA
- Robert T. Ching, DO, PA
- Rutland Family Health Center
- San Antonio-Mmc, P.A.
- Segundo Abraham Briones MD, PA
- SHIFA Comprehensive Health Center
- Stephen M Desio, MD PC
- Stone Oak Family Doctors, PA
- Suncity Sports Medicine and Family Clinic
- Sunita Godiwala
- Tatiana Hamawi
- Tenet Florida Physician Services, LLC
- Valdez Family Clinic, PA
- Valley Doctors Clinic Of Brownsville Pllc
- Valley House Calls, PLLC
- Wayne B Glazier Md Pc
- Webster Square Medical Center, Inc
- West Boca Health Services, Llc
- Worcester County Orthopedics
- Worcester Gastroenterology Partners, Inc
- Worcester Ophthalmology Associates Inc
- Xavier J Munoz DO
PAACO Participants in Joint Venture between ACO Professionals and Hospitals
No participants are involved in a joint venture between ACO professionals and hospitals.
2. ACO Governing Body
- Carlos Lozano, Voting member, Carlos A. Lozano, M.D.
- Ayham Shneker, Voting member, San Antonio Premier Internal Medicine
- Kevin Comfort, Voting member, Kevin P. Comfort, MD
- Miguel Ayala, Voting member, South Alamo Medical Group, Board Chair
- Joan Korte, Voting member, Medicare Beneficiary
- David Siegel, Voting member, Tenet Health
- Robert Ching, Voting member, Robert T. Ching DO, PA
- Leo K. Edwards, Voting member, Dr. Leo K. Edwards Jr.
- Herberto Garza, Voting member, ACO Participant Representative, BHS Physicians Network Inc.
- Lovelesh Manocha, Voting members, ACO Participant Representative, BHS Physicians Network Inc.
- Robin Clark, Non-voting member, ACO Participant Representative, ACO Executive Director
Each physician of the governing board is an ACO Participant.
3. Key ACO Clinical and Administrative Leadership
- ACO Executive: Robin Clark
- Medical Director: Dr. Dana Kellis
- Compliance Officer: Michelle Castro
- Quality Assurance/Improvement Officer: Sahana Sharan, MD
4. Associated Committees and Committee Leadership
- Clinical Initiatives/Credentialing Committee – Chair Dr. Daniel Mais
- Finance/Contracting Committee – Chair Dr. Morton Kahlenberg
- Information Technology Committee – Chair Dr. Brian Treuhaft
- Compliance Committee – Chair Michelle Castro
5. Types of ACO Participants or Combination of Participants that Formed the ACO
- ACO professionals in a group practice arrangement
- Networks of individual practices of ACO professionals
- Partnerships or joint venture arrangements between hospitals and ACO professionals
- Hospital employing ACO professionals
Shared Savings and Losses
Amount of Shared Savings/Losses
- Agreement period beginning 2012, Performance Year 1: $0
- Agreement period beginning 2012, Year 2014: $2,816,277
- Agreement period beginning 2012, Year 2015: $2,708,375
Shared Savings Distribution
- Agreement period beginning 2012, Performance Years 1, 2014 and 2015
- Proportion invested in infrastructure: 2%
- Proportion invested in redesigned care processes/resources: 0%
- Proportion of distribution to ACO participants, 98%
- Primary Care Professionals: 44.1%
- Specialists: 44.1%
- Hospital: 9.8%
Payment Rule Waivers
- No, our ACO does not utilize the SNF 3-Day Rule Waiver
Quality Performance Results
- See 2015 Quality Performance Results Table here.
- See 2012-2014 Quality Performance Results Table here.
For more information on how to interpret scores on the above quality performance measures, see http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/sharedsavingsprogram/Downloads/MSSP-QM-Benchmarks.pdf